Unknown
If you enjoyed The Demon Trapper's Daughter by Jana Oliver, you're going to love the second installment, Soul Thief.


~*~Kids Menu~*~
Genre:  Paranormal/Supernatural Romance
Heat Level: Mild - It's YA!

The book opens with Riley Blackthorne, our 17 year old heroine, walking into a cafe for hot chocolate - her drink of choice - when a religious nutter stops her, informing her that the end of the world is near - a fact she's already been informed of by an actual Angel. Riley's reply, "Do I still have time to get hot chocolate?"

How can you not continue reading after that? It's definitely one of the best opens I've read yet.

The story just becomes more and more bizarre as Riley tries to hunt down her father's reanimated corpse that's been kidnapped while at the same time trying to figure out whose tampering with the Holy Water - something trappers need to survive - and making vain attempts to keep her life - including her love life - from falling apart around her. Oh, and let's not forget she's in the middle of a battle between Heaven and Hell!

It's a twisted ending that I didn't see coming. In the end, you might want to slap some sense in some of the characters but its definitely an adventure you'll enjoy

As always, strong hot chocolate cravings will be involved. You have been warned. 

I do have to say I am so jealous of the book cover the UK got. Across the pond, the book is called Forbidden and just check out the cover:


No matter the cover or the title, this is a great book. I especially recommend it to those of the late teen set but I, in my late twenties, really loved it too. 
1 Response
  1. I actually like the title and cover of the American one better - to each his own! I'm putting this one on my list.


Post a Comment