Unknown

~*~Appetizers~*~
Serial Killer with a side of magical Sea Creature
Genre: Paranormal Romance/Romantic Suspense
Heat Level: Medium - some sex but definitely a lot of sexual references. 
Pretty dark read.

Siren's Secret by Debbie Herbert is part of Harlequin's Nocturne line - which is described as dark, sensuous and dangerous - where paranormal and normal collide. 

This book definitely does that.

First, how gorgeous is this cover? I'm sure you realize by now that I love a good cover and this one was beautiful.

When I picked up Siren's Secret - actually I got it for free from someone who won it from Debbie herself but already had their own copy - I thought this was going to be a fun, light read. Its about mermaids! I love mermaids but I find it rare that you see someone go truly into their dark side. Actually, I have a hard time finding books about mermaids for adults period.

Needless to say I was excited and when I opened it up, a fun light read was not what I got. It was better.

Debbie Herbert not only brings out the darker drives of mermaids but she takes you deep into the mind of a serial killer. Its easy to have a villain to hate but she actually makes you feel a little bit sorry for this guy. Not enough that I thought he shouldn't be punished but you kind of understood where he was coming from.

She captures life in the Alabama Bayou wonderfully. I have to say that I'm really hoping Jet gets her own book soon because she was probably my favorite character in the book.

This is a great debut novel and definitely wets my appetite for more which is why its under appetizers. I was very excited to find out that this is, in fact, the beginning of a series produced with Harlequin called Dark Seas. So be on the look out for book two, Siren's Treasure which is still in the works. It sounds like its going to be Jet's book. I'm really, really hoping it is. ;)

If you're looking for something a dark, something with mermaids, and something set in a small Bayou town, this is the book for you. Check it out. I enjoyed it.

This tasty treat was served up to you by Bryonna Nobles.
1 Response
  1. Thanks for the review - yes, the next one is Jet's story. :)

    It's The Hunt for Red October meets paranormal.


Post a Comment