Unknown
~*~Kids Menu~*~
Genre: Paranormal Young Adult. Paranormal Romance.
Heat Level: Mild - though sex is mentioned.

Though I'd bought Jana Oliver's Forgiven - the Third book in the Demon Trappers series - when it first came out, I didn't start reading it until months later. Why? Because I was mad at Beck! Riley screwed up, yes, but I was mad at Beck!

When I first started the book, I was mad at him again! Now, this is NOT to reflect on the story on a whole. The story is great and the fact that I was mad at Beck was great because it shows how well Jana weaves this story, drawing you in and really becoming emotionally invested in these characters.

With each book in this series, the steaks are set higher and higher. I think this is probably the most intense of the books yet. I was on the edge of my seat, holding my breath. I swear with the turn of every page you're like "How is she getting out of this one?" Even in the downtime with her friends, you're still wondering what's going to come next.

We start the story back up with Paul Blackthorne - now a reanimated body - back with his daughter. Beck is not really speaking to Riley right now. Even if he wanted to, he's face down in the dirt in front of his house while the Hunters' ransack his home.

As I said, things just keep piling on as the Vatican's demon hunters believe Riley is in league with Hell - an offense punishable by death. Don't forget, we still have those fake bottles of Holy Water out there and demons chanting Riley's name!

I love how Jana truly weaves this story together where you can't really separate them by books. While each does have its own story arch, they are still a continuing story arch, each one leading into the next. Some things answered, more questions come up.

Definitely happy with this latest edition.


I will say that her publishers finally heard us on the covers. Not that the past U.S. covers haven't been good, the U.K. covers were just better. As you can see, our cover (at the top of the post) and the U.K. cover (just above) are very similar. They also let both countries have the same title! Less confusion, yay!

Either way, a great series and I highly recommend you read it.
0 Responses

Post a Comment