Unknown
~*~Savory Selections~*~
Genre:  Historical Romance
Heat Level:  Spicy but perhaps not as much as the other two books.

Okay, I admit it. I think I've become completely addicted to Sarah MacLean's Rule of Scoundrels series and No Good Duke Goes Unpunished is no different.

Here you have Temple, the Killer Duke, who isn't sure if he is or is not a killer. He's lived twelve years not knowing if he killed his father's young to-be bride, Mara Low. Until the girl shows up at his townhouse to plea for her brother's money back.

While Mara is set up as a woman to hate, I actually rather liked her. She made a mistake - a very big mistake - a mistake of a foolish young girl. She hadn't meant to set Temple up for her murder but once the die was cast, she didn't know how to call it back.

Now she's a Governess for a school of orphaned boys with a pig named Lavender.

Mara makes some mistakes in the book just as she did with her past but I'm okay with that because I like characters who make mistakes.



I really enjoyed watching the story unfold between Temple and Mara. The conflict is fabulous.

I will say - and this is WITHOUT spoilers - that the major plot twist at the end made my jaw drop and I want Chase's book - the final book of the series - so badly I can't stand it! It broke my brain and then I had to go back and look at all the books again to search for clues. I'm very excited for the final book to say the least.

To placate myself for the time being, I am going to have to go read Love by Numbers in the meantime. Same world, set about twelve years or so before these books.
0 Responses

Post a Comment