Unknown
~*~Savory Selections~*~
Smart Girl Seeks Seduction
Genre:  Historical Romance
Heat Level:  Spicy. Lots of fabulous sexual tension.

One Good Earl Deserves a Lover is the second book in the Rules for Scoundrels series by Sarah MacLean.

I had to say I quite enjoyed this book. Pippa, our heroine, is a very odd girl, a fact she is well aware of. She's very smart and finds comfort in science and not frivolity. She doesn't understand love or its appeal whatsoever. 

Despite the fact she is blonde, I cannot help but envision her as looking like a human form of Jeanette from the Chipettes. That's a good thing. lol

Engaged to a very nice but dim man, Pippa is sort of freaking out at the beginning of the book. She doesn't fully understand the vows and isn't comfortable enough going to her sisters for advice. The one she's closest to spouts on about love (Penelope from the first book) and she's just not that close to the others. So, instead, she seeks out the advice of a notorious scoundrel and good friend of her brother-in-law (from book one), the brilliant Cross. 



Cross has his own problems and having his friend's little sister-in-law show up in his office while he's asleep just isn't something he is equip to deal with.

I read this book a week ago and his character still lingers with me. I have such a book crush on this guy. He is tall, lanky, and has red hair. Love that. He's also brilliant.

He's trying to deal with his sister's husband's debts while at the same time trying to fight his attraction to the very much engaged Pippa.

While some of the plot twists didn't fully answer my questions, I did fully enjoy this book. I like how Pippa seems so very socially unaware and spontaneous. While she is book brilliant, there are still things she doesn't know and it freaks her out - things to do with the marriage bed.

Cross is just fabulous. Such a book crush!

I'm looking forward to checking out the next book of the series but I have no idea how Temple will live up to Cross for me. ;)

I am not a person who does a lot of rereading, but this book is probably going on my to-read-again shelf.
0 Responses

Post a Comment